My Perfect Road Trip Chimanimani-Honde Valley
This summer take some time off with family and friends and be prepared to take a breathtaking scenic journey of 247km from Chimanimani to Honde Valley. You have two routes options for you to enjoy for the unforgettable views along the way that is the Chimanimani via Mutambara 247 km or the longer route if you want you may also enjoy of 331km via Birchenough bridge.
If you prefer the shorter route make sure you stop and interact at the following;
• Fuel up at Nhedziwa whilst you top up on water and snacks
• Go through Matsororo and hear the myths associated with this uphill road by the local people. Take selfies at this site for lasting memories.
• You can also stop over at Wengezi for drinks and snacks.
• Just 40km before the Mutare near tollgate you can just pass through the rock paintings in 1.5km from the Main road
• In Mutare get to visit the Mutare Museum. This museum initially established by local enthusiasts as the Umtali Museum Society in 1954, before becoming a National Museum in 1959 and will always be indebted for its most spectacular collection of vintage cars, motorbikes and wagons, coaches and steam engines donated to the Museum by local enthusiastic collectors and the first Honorary Curator, Captain E. F. Boultbee.
• It also has the natural history displays in the Beit, Mezzanine and Eastern Districts Galleries. The outstanding of these being displays of the Chirinda Forest in the Insects case in the Beit Gallery.
• Whilst in Mutare get to enjoy the beauty of Vumba, put up at the famous Leopard Rock as they welcome you with their Hightea featuring the prestigious Tanganda.
• Another option would be Vumba Cottages which is much closer to the beautiful Vumba Botanical Gardens.
• You may also want to spend the night at LaRochelle Country House so that in the morning you get to explore the endless trails, which traverse the arboretum and gardens, or visit the nurseries where Sir Stephen’s Orchid collection continues to expand. Spoil yourself or your partner with a relaxing massage or beauty treatment at the Fantasy Spa or just catch up with your reading in one of the sumptuous day lounges. If you are a bird lover this is also your spot
• Do not forget to fuel up at the Christmas pass or in Watsomba
• As you approach Honde Valley, the mountainous and steep terrains of the in Honde will mesmerize you
• Along the way you also get to enjoy views of green tea estates and various plantations.
• Aberfoyle Lodges will offer the ultimate experience for your #PerfectRoadTrip with activities ranging from Flying-Fox to Canopy Tours.