The Chapungu Sculpture Park is a sculpture park in Msasa, Harare which displays the work of Zimbabwean stone sculptors.The Chapungu Sculpture Park is a 20 minute drive from city centre. It was founded in 1970 by Roy Guthrie, who was instrumental in promoting the work of its sculptors worldwide.
Historically, the first white man believed to have discovered the Caves was Frederick Selous, the famous European hunter, during his wanderings in 1887. It was believed that prior to that the Caves were being used as a stronghold by an outlaw called Nyamakwere who murdered many victims by throwing them into the Silent Pool.
About 80km from Gweru in the direction of Bulawayo and about 35km south of the highway are the Dhlo dhlo ruins is situated on a granite outcrop not far from Fort Rixon. The excavations at these ruins revealed the relics of a Portuguese outpost, the silver chalice, a priest’s private seat, a bell and portions […]
Located about 30 km out of Harare, off the Borrowdale/Domboshawa Rd”, the Domboshava Caves is a must-visit for adults, children, students, artists, photographers and fitness lovers!!! Located in the Chinamora Communal lands, offering a magnificent 360º view of the surrounding countryside, the historical granite hill is a suitable location for a day-trip for recreational picnics, […]
Great Zimbabwe is an ancient city in the southeastern hills of Zimbabwe near Lake Mutirikwe and the town of Masvingo, close to the Chimanimani Mountains and the Chipinge District. It was the capital of the Kingdom of Zimbabwe during the country’s Late Iron Age.
Built in Woodlands Park, the house is a replica of President Mugabe’s historical house in Highfield’s, Harare. Filled with pictures that tell the story of President Mugabe’s life from his heyday as a school teacher to his transformation into a great nationalist and revolutionary up to his day as the president of the Republic of […]
Khami Ruins lies 22 km West of Bulawayo, Bulawayo, Zimbabwe. Khami Ruins is an extensive complex of stonewalled sites that lies just west of Bulawayo. It is one of Zimbabwe’s World Heritage Sites and was the capital of the Butua State, its leaders reigning at Khami from about AD 1450 until its fiery destructive around […]
Situated 85km south east of Gweru is a colossal wall constructed from the masonry highly decorated featuring all the designs of the Zimbabwe architectural tradition, chevrons, herringbone, chequers, cords and ironstone coloured bands. The Nalatale monument is set atop a small kopje that commands good views over the surrounding countryside of the Somabula flats. The […]
The National Gallery of Zimbabwe has a strong curatorial team headed by Raphael Chikukwa and assisted by Fadzai V Muchemwa. The curatorial department is responsible for conceiving and realizing the exhibitions in the Gallery.This Department through its Chief Curator
King Mzilikazi Khumalo left Zululand in 1822 and by 1840 had established the Ndebele state in southwestern Zimbabwe. While preserving their language and “Zulu-identity”, the Ndebele people expanded through the incorporation of many other peoples.The state was a multi-ethnic, complex society.
The Victoria Falls Rainforest, as it has become known, is an area of dense woodland vegetation supported and nourished by the constant spray from the waterfall. The main section of the Rainforest extends only over a small section of the Victoria Falls Park
This Chapel was built by the Italian Prisoners of war of the 5th Camp extension cap of Masvingo during the years 1942 and 1946 in memory of their fellow-men. Most of the prisoners of war originated from Ethiopia.