log in

The Curfew Tower

The Curfew Tower is a historical building located in Masvingo town. It is located about 100m northwest of the Bell Tower and was built in 1893 as an extension of the fort. It was declared a National Monument in

  • 0

Italian Chapel

The Chapel located 4km east of Masvingo along the Masvingo-Mutare highway, was built by Second World War Italian prisoners captured by the British and kept at the 5th Camp Extension of Fort Victoria. They built the

  • 0

Chibvumani Monument

Chibvumani monument is a dry stone structure site that was declared a National Monument in 1966. It is located in Bikita East District off the Masvingo-Mutare highway approximately 35km from Nyika Growth point on a

  • 0

Musimbira Monument

Musimbira is a small stone ruin on the northern edge of Bikita, 1km south of Glen Clova village that lies along the Mutare-Masvingo highway (61km from Masvingo), near Bikita Minerals. The monument occupy about 60m

  • 0

Dengeni cave

Dengeni is a rock art site that is located in the Ndanga district in Southern Zimbabwe. The site is located in the communal area of Zaka on the slopes of Dengeni Hills some 10km from Ndanga Hospital.

  • 0

Chamavara Rock Paintings

Chamavara cave is a rock art site. It was gazetted a National Monument in 1954 and was enlisted as a national monument because of the famous series of paintings that included a large human figure, which is about

  • 0

Majiri Monument

Majiri is a Zimbabwe type-site. It was declared a National Monument in 1971. The site is located in Masvingo District in chief Murinye’s area under Headman Chatikobo some 50km south east of Great Zimbabwe National

  • 0

Utopia House, Historic Building

‘Utopia’ House was the home of Rhys and Rosalie Fairbridge. Rhys Fairbridge arrived in Manicaland in the early 1890’s. He worked as a government surveyor and was responsible for surveying the present town of

  • 0

Settler Tree, Memorial

A tree, indicated by a near by inscribed plaque, commonly known as the ‘Settler Tree’ (Rauvolfia sp.), planted by his Royal Highness Don Luize Filipe, Duke of Brag Anza and the Crown Prince of Portugal, to

  • 0

Cross Kopje, Memorial

A memorial built in memory of 269 Africans from Rhodesia, Nyasaland, and the Portuguese East Africa who had lost their lives in the German East African Campaign. The memorial took the form of a massive Cross

  • 0