Zimbabwe A World Of WondersZimbabwe A World Of Wonders
Forgot password?

Tanganda Tea Estates

The Tanganda Tea Company has its origins in farming in the Chipinge district of Zimbabwe as far back as 1910, over 100 years ago. The name ‘Tanganda’ itself comes from the name of a river that runs through one of the Company plantations, but to most Zimbabweans, it is now synonymous with tea.

Tea was first planted commercially in Zimbabwe in 1924, when two Assam planters, Arthur Ward and Grafton Phillips, using seeds carried back from Assam by Mrs Florence Phillips, established a small tea plantation on New Year’s Gift estate in the Chipinge district of the Eastern Highlands of Zimbabwe. From this small beginning, Tanganda has developed the country’s largest tea company in Zimbabwe.

X